Empowering Parents, Strengthening Connections.
About Empowered Families
The Empowered Families (formerly known as Parent-Child Assistance Program Expanded Enrollment) is a 3-year or less home visitation program that offers individualized support for a caregiver who:
- Is diagnosed with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) or who is suspected of having FASD
- Has at least 50% custody of their child (or children)
- Lives in Calgary
The program helps a parent to:
- Strengthen the relationship with their child (or children)
- Increase their independence.
- Access community resources such as healthcare, housing and legal supports
- Build healthy relationships with their families, friends and communities
Referrals for Empowered Families may come from Children Service’s caseworkers, professional or a self-referral.
Empowered Families is funded by CFAN.
For more information about Empowered Families, contact us at:
Program Referral Instructions
Please complete the referral form below, or download the form and send the completed document to: email@example.com
- Made by Momma: provides healthy meals, baby essentials, and children’s items to families in need.
- Father’s Moving Forward Program: provides support to young fathers.
- Calgary Food Bank
- Calgary Fetal Alcohol Network (CFAN)
- CUPS: provides health and childhood development services