Collaborative Outreach Preventing Exploitation (COPE) Program
Supporting youth at risk of sexual exploitation
The Collaborative Outreach Preventing Exploitation (COPE) Program supports youth aged 12 -24, who are at risk of, or engaged in sexual exploitation within Calgary and surrounding areas.
This voluntary program helps youth and their families reduce the risks of sexual exploitation in the community and online.
We support youth and their families to:
- Learn strategies to increase personal safety
- Build and maintain healthy relationships
- Make informed choices about their care and plan for the future
- Navigate education, counselling and related resources
- Access supports and referrals available through community resources
- Increase the youth’s self-efficacy and independence.
COPE also provides education and awareness building in various community settings. Our Community Education Series helps organizations and communities learn more about sexual exploitation, healthy relationships and personal safety.
COPE is funded by the Government of Alberta and Not In My City.
COPE Contact Form
Please fill out the form with as much detail as possible and submit. We will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your inquiry.
Online Safety Resources
Parents & Caregivers
- Canada’s Tip-Line for Reporting the Online Sexual Exploitation of Children
- Cybersecurity Resource Library– Tip sheets for talking to teens, online gaming tips for kids and parents, privacy tips for teens
- Media Smarts– A national, bilingual public education program on internet safety
- Net Smartz– An interactive and educational program that helps teach children safe online practices
- Zoe & Molly– An interactive game with educational information