McMan Family Resource Network- Okotoks
A Community Hub Connecting Children, Youth & Families
Sign up for the McMan Family Resource Network newsletter to stay up to date about upcoming workshops and events.
About the McMan Family Resource Network – Okotoks
The McMan Family Resource Network (FRN) is a community hub that provides a range of services and programming for children, youth, and families in Okotoks and surrounding communities.
We provide a welcoming environment and connect individuals with the resources, services, and people they need in the areas of:
- Social connection and support
- Caregiver capacity building
- Child development and well-being
The McMan Family Resource Network is funded by the Government of Alberta.
Book An Appointment
The McMan Family Resource Network is now booking appointments for individuals and/or families who would like to book a face to face appointment with us. Please complete the form below and a staff member will be in contact with you to confirm your appointment time.
Milestones Referral Form
Families & Caregivers
McMan’s Family Resource Network provides the following services for parents and caregivers.
- Brief in-home support services (3-5 visits)
- Assessment and screening
- Individualized support
- Parenting workshops and support groups
- Coordination and referral to other services
- Single session counselling for children (6+), youth, and parents offered by Catholic Family Service
- Home Visitation Services for parents of children prenatal to 6 years in the family home, offered by Children’s Cottage Society
The McMan Family Resource Network provides the following services for children 0-13 years of age:
- Developmental screenings
- Recreation and play-based learning
- Early literacy programming
- Pre & post natal supports
- Coordination and referral to services
- Single session counselling for children and for parents/caregivers offered by Catholic Family Service
- Home Visitation Services for parents of children in the family home, provided by Children’s Cottage Society
- Life skills and KickStart Leadership Program, for children 7-13 years old, to enhance their social, personal development, and leadership skills
The McMan Family Resource Network provides the following services for youth:
- Skills for Life: facilitated groups for youth 14-18 years
- Skills for Anger: 10-hour course to increase conflict resolution and communication skills
- Workshops and youth-based events
- Individualized skills-based and one on one supports
- Single session counselling for youth provided by Catholic Family Service
- Coordination and referrals to other services