Parent-Child Assistance Program (P-CAP)
Supporting women through home visitation, resources, and connections.
The Parent-Child Assistance Program (P-CAP) is a 3-year home visitation program that offers individualized support for women who:
- Are pregnant or have given birth in the past six months
- Used drugs or alcohol during pregnancy
- Live in Calgary or surrounding areas, Willow Creek, Vulcan, or within the Municipal District of the Foothills
P-CAP helps women to:
- Learn strategies to address drug and alcohol use
- Access community resources such as healthcare, housing and legal supports
- Build healthy relationships with their families, friends and community
- Prevent future births impacted by drug or alcohol use
Referrals for P-CAP may come from Children Service’s caseworkers, professional or a self-referral.
P-CAP is funded by CFAN.