Parent-Child Assistance Program (P-CAP)
Supporting women through home visitation, resources, and connections.
The Parent-Child Assistance Program (P-CAP) is a 3-year home visitation program that offers individualized support for women who:
- Are pregnant or have given birth in the past six months
- Used drugs or alcohol during pregnancy
- Live in Calgary or surrounding areas, Willow Creek, Vulcan, or within the Municipal District of the Foothills
P-CAP helps women to:
- Learn strategies to address drug and alcohol use
- Access community resources such as healthcare, housing and legal supports
- Build healthy relationships with their families, friends and community
- Prevent future births impacted by drug or alcohol use
Referrals for P-CAP may come from Children Service’s caseworkers, professional or a self-referral.
This program is funded by CFAN.
- Made by Momma: provides healthy meals, baby essentials, and children’s items to families in need.
- Father’s Moving Forward Program: provides support to young fathers Father’s moving forward
- Calgary Food Bank
- Calgary Fetal Alcohol Network (CFAN)
- CUPS: provides health and childhood development services
- Prenatal Outreach Support Team (POST): provides supports and services for pregnant women with complex needs