Leaders focus on demonstrating the following four competencies to achieve McMan’s mission. These competencies represent the highest impact soft skills of great leaders at McMan.
I CREATE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT
- I validate the ideas, concerns, and experiences of others and incorporate them in solutions.
- I seek understanding with an open mind and without a pre-conceived assessment or solution.
- I openly share successes, mistakes, and learnings with others.
- I foster equality by demonstrating that feedback is a two-way dialogue and change is a process.
I AM ACCOUNTABLE
- I take ownership of challenges and their outcomes.
- I have the courage to address difficult issues, respectfully share my observations, and make informed decisions.
- I take the initiative and am willing to help where needed to support others.
- I follow through to ensure the desired results are achieved.
I AMPLIFY SUCCESS
- I consistently communicate the shared vision of success, how success will be measured, and its impact on employees and the people we serve.
- I clearly identify expectations, roles, responsibilities, and goals, and regularly follow up to measure progress and ensure goals are achieved
- I demonstrate my commitment to goals by allocating sufficient time and resources to accomplish them.
- I leverage the strengths of others and encourage them to try their ideas.
- I recognize and celebrate the contributions of others.
I STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
- I solicit feedback and demonstrate a willingness to accept it with reflection and gratitude.
- I gather data and invite input to assess the effectiveness of current programs and processes and challenge the status quo to improve client outcomes.
- I am okay with uncertainty and I navigate through it.
- I create processes that foster transparency and apply lessons learned.